Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Post 8: Ongoing Battle

Mum: [while laughing] “hey Jessi, did you know you’ve been in college for over 5 years!”

Me: [with a serious look on my face and sarcasm in my voice] “hey did you know you were once in college but got pregnant at 18 and had to drop out after a year!”

Mum shoots me a look as if to say “okay, you’re right. you got me on that one.” or “praise the Lord you didn’t take after me! stay in college as long as you need to!”

Jessi 1 - Mum 0

Mum likes to point out the fact that I’m 24 and still an undergrad and that I’ve been in college since 2003. I like to point out the fact that she was once in college. But got pregnant and dropped out. It’s all out of love. That’s how my family is. The meaner you are to someone shows how much you love them.

Mum (21) & BB (2) in 1983