Sunday, September 21, 2008

Post 5: I wish...

I wish I could take away the guilt she feels inside. The embarrasment she hides. I wish I could make her believe that it will be okay, that she will make it through this. I don't know what else to say to comfort her except that I love her unconditionally and no matter what she does, says or thinks will ever change that. I want her to know that I know exactly what she's going through. I've done what she did, I've been where she was, I know how it feels the next day when you "sober" up and you realize what happened. The shame, the embarrasment, the awkwardness...feeling like everyone knows your secret. That everyone is staring right into your soul like they are watching a movie about your mistake. The looks of shock and awe come across their faces as they witness the event.

To Babe,
I want you to know that I love you like a little sister maybe even like a daughter. My love for you is unconditional and nothing you do will ever change that, ever. I promise you. Your secret is safe with me. Nobody will ever know. I will take it to my grave. I love you, Babe. Don't ever forget that.

- j.