Monday, November 10, 2008

Post 78: Perhaps I should introduce them...

I’d like to introduce you to the people I talk about most in my posts.


I’ll start off with my family:

Daddy-O: His real name is Stuart, he was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia. He met Mum at summer camp in Australia where she was living at the time. He was 21, she was 17. I should also mention that he was her camp counselor (scandalous yea?!). He claims he fell in love with her when he saw her walk off the bus (he even remembers what she was wearing!). He called her and hung up three times before he got up the nerve to call her (my dad is adorable). He knocked her up in 1980 and they tied the knot in July of 1981. Two months later they gave birth to Big Brother. He is the head Research Scientist at Scotts. He has a PhD in plant pathology (snore!). He likes spending time with his family, laughing at Mum and he researches everything for at least 5 months before he purchases it.

Mum: Her real name is Kate, she was born in Rochester, NY to a ¼ native American woman and a German immigrant man. Her father worked as a CEO for Kodak (yes my grandparents are LOADED, hence why I refer to them as G’Money!) and so they travelled the world. A lot! She’s lived in England, Sweden, and Australia…just to name a few. She and her family moved to Australia in her mid-teens, which is how she met Daddy-O. She left Australia to attend college in Portland, Oregon in 1980. Somehow she and Daddy-O hooked up (not sure when because she was in Portland and he was at University in Australia…). She got pregnant at the age of 18 and dropped out of college. She married Daddy-O in July of 1981 (in Australia), they moved to CA and there she birthed Big Brother in Sept of 1981. She enjoys tractors, combines, anything farm relating, her family, and saying “that’s what she said” as much as humanly possible.

Big Brother: His real name is Daniel, or Dan. He was born in Riverside, CA in Sept of 1981. He used to be a Police Officer but decided to resign because he thought the hours would prevent him from ever seeing his family. He met his wife in high school but they didn’t start dating until his Freshman year in college (2000). They’ve been together for eight years. In 2004 they tied the knot and in April of 2008 they became the proud parents to the most adorable little girl on the planet (I may or may not be biased…). He lives in The Ville and is a stay-at-home daddy. He is in a band with his bff, Jayford and enjoys cooking, playing the guitar and singing to his daughter, beer and his beautiful wife.

LaJa: Her real name is Laura. She was born in Cbus (at Riverside Hospital which is weird) in Oct of 1982. She is a FCS (Family and Consumer Sciences…aka Home Ec). She loves her job. She was the cool girl in high school and Daniel was not. They were friends for awhile before Dan FINALLY asked her out. In Aug of 2004 she and Dan got married. While we were out celebrating my 23rd birthday I got the greatest present ever! They told us they were expecting a baby in April of 2008. That was by far the greatest birthday present ever. In April of 2008 she gave birth to the most adorable baby girl ever, who also happens to be her “mini-me”. She likes Yankee Candles, spending as much time with her little girl that she can, hanging out with her husband and family. She and I are also training for a 5k in April of 2009.

Boo Bear: His real name is Josh. He was born in May of 1990 in Melbourne, Australia. He got his nickname at the age of 2. He loved watching “Yogi Bear” and he would always say “Hey, Boo Boo! Smarter than the average bear!” it was so adorable the way he said it that the nickname stuck. He is a freshman at MVNU (which is where Dan, Laura and I all went). He doesn’t yet know what he wants to do, something to do with teaching probably. He is in love with Babe but because he knows neither are ready for a relationship, has decided to not pursue anything more than friendship as of now. He plays rugby and wrestled in high school. He loves music and is a classic rock expert. His other passions are his family and friends and making people laugh. He is the sweetest most caring guy ever, he treats girls with respect and is kind of a Pimp…in a good way (if that’s possible). He’s never dated a girl because, as he says “high school relationships are stupid, lame and full of drama” (it’s also because he has his eye on Babe). He is my best friend and can make me laugh like no one else (think Dane Cook without the language…even his mannerisms are the same!).

EJ: Her real name is Emma Jane. She was born in April of 2008 here in The Ville. She is my little bff. My life changed forever the day she was born. I can’t imagine my life without her in it. She changes every day. She is just now starting to sit up and roll over (she’s lazy). She is almost completely bald except for her extremely blonde “fuzz” on her head. She has big ears that stick out like Yoda’s (she gets her big ears from her dad). She has the biggest, deepest blue eyes I have ever seen. She loves music. I’ve never met a baby who loves music as much as her. When she was a newborn the only thing that would get her to stop crying were The Ramones (no joke). She also loves to dance, laugh, play the piano and blow bubbles.


Now onto friends:

Babe: Her real name is Holly. She is one of my closest girlfriends. I’ve known her for about 4 years. She’s 5 years younger than me but her maturity amazes me. She is crazy, ditzy and adorable. She changes her mind every 5 minutes and always has to be busy. She’s going to Capital and majoring in Special Education. She plays softball and works at American Eagle as well. How she can fit all of that in and still have time to have a social life is beyond me! She likes Boo Bear a lot but knows she’s too busy for a relationship right now. They are so cute together though and all of us are counting down the days that they FINALLY get together (this has been going on for about two years). She loves playing softball, sleeping during movies, and we are both in love with O’Charley’s chicken fingers. She knows all of my deep, dark secrets and I know all of hers. She was there with me when I had a mini emotional breakdown and helped me through it. She’s the sweetest girl ever and I love her to pieces.

Fish: Her real name is Olivia. She got her nickname because she’s really ditzy and forgetful, kind of like Dorey in Finding Nemo. I met her about 3 or 4 years ago. I was really good friend with her older brother, Nick. Nick would bring her along when all of us would go out. She’s much younger than me and I see her as the little sister I never had. She is still in high school. She plays golf and is in show choir. She comes to me for advice, which I try to give. She knows all of my deep dark secrets and she reminds me every day that those “regrets” are what have made me the person I am today. Sometimes I forget that she’s only 15. She loves watching movies, eating loads of pizza (where she fits it all I have no idea!) and laughing. I can always tell when she’s getting scared during a movie because she talks to the people in the movie. It’s really funny but sometimes annoying. She’s been through a lot in her short life which has made her wise beyond her years. I love her to pieces.

T-Dawg: Her real name is Tricia. We met my freshman year, her sophomore year of college. She is originally from Illinois but moved to Indianapolis to be with a boy, whom she is now married to. We’ve been through it all together. She was there for me during my “rebel” days and was the shoulder I cried on when things turned bad. She is the one I can count on to “tell me like it is”. I know she’ll be brutally honest and she’s not afraid to tell me what I need to hear. We’ve had our disagreements but have always worked things out. She’s my rock. She is a 1st grade teacher at an Inner City school in downtown Indy. She loves what she does and loves her students. She just got married to an amazing guy (finally after so many crappy guys!). She’s the one I talk to the most about Mr. Incredible. She loves spending time with her husband, is John McCain’s number one fan, and she shares my love for Pizza Huts stuffed crust pizza with black olives. We once worked at Cedar Point for 3 days. I was willing to stick it out for the summer but after the third day she came back to our apartment and said “I can’t do this anymore!” She’s beautiful both inside and out and I owe a lot of who I am today to her.

K-Ten: Her real name is Kristen. We met during our sophomore year of college and roomed together our junior year before we both transferred out. She lives in Indy as well. She’s dating a drummer and works as a Program Director for NJTL. She lives in a duplex in downtown Indy with two of her friends (I’m oober jealous of her!). She loves McDonald’s breakfast and diet coke. She was my sidekick in college and we were together all the time. She loves to snuggle and take naps. She is an amazing tennis player. She’s funny, crazy and has her own dance. She and I beat Super Mario Brothers our junior year of college. It was pretty much the most exciting day of our lives! Sadly, due to being so busy our friendship isn’t as strong as it once was but whenever we see each other we just pick up where we left off. I know that even though we don’t see each other very often, we’ll always be friends.

Mr. Incredible: His real name is Dave. He graduated from OWU with a double major in computer science and history (he also has like 4 minors). He’s a smarty pants. We went to Jr High and High school together. We graduated together and have been going to the same church for over 10 years. He is incredible (hence his nickname). He’s currently living in China and teaches English to college freshman. I miss him like crazy. I started noticing him as more than a friend about two years ago. I recently wrote him a letter explaining my feelings and gave it to him before he left. I told him to take his time and think about it before he gave me an answer. I didn’t realize taking his time would take this long but I imagine he’s quite busy and it was a pretty intense letter. Due to conversations and observations brought to my attention by trustworthy people, I believe he shares similar feelings. Only time will tell. He’s everything I’m not and he’s everything I want in a boy. I’ve never felt this way about anybody before, not even the guys I’ve dated in the past. Not even Mr. Almost Fiancé! That says a lot I think. I miss him and think about him every day and wait, and wait, and wait to see him again.

Little Miss Chatterbox (LMC): Her real name is Hannah. She's a coworker of mine. She talks fast and she talks a lot. She makes me laugh and shake my head in amazement often. She lives in a teeny tiny studio apt downtown with her cat Topanga. She's very skinny and eats all the time (i want to kill her). She shares my love of Sushi, MTV drama, and sleeping. She also is a waitress at B-Dubs on her day off from our regular job. We are 96.4% sure we will be getting an apt together in a few months and we are both very excited (she said living alone is getting to be boring and depressing). I'll add more about her later.