Thursday, October 9, 2008

Post 47: Mum Quote & New Information

As we were driving to town today Mum saw a combine in the field (she loves anything farm related) and said:

"You know there's nothing like seeing a combine in the field. It's like, no matter how bad things get, God is still in control, the combines are in the field and there's hope."

I told her that was the gayest thing I've ever heard her say.

Since we are on the subject of Mum let me share with you this new bit of information I just found out today.

We were driving to Walmart and were talking about Mr. Incredible.

Me: "Everytime I hear his name I smile. I can't control it and I can't stop it. It's like when someone tells you not to smile but no matter how hard you try, you just can't not smile. Ya'know?"

Mum:[smiling] "Yea."

Me: "I think his Mum knows."

Mum:[still smiling] "Jessi, everyone knows. I'm pretty sure He knew before Goatee told him."

Me: "How? I didn't make it obvious did I? I just made the mistake of telling Gossip Girl (a friend of Mums who likes a bit of gossip) and now the whole church knows!"

Mum:[laughing now] "True."

Me: "He probably doesn't even like me and he's scared to hurt me and so he's putting of telling me."

Mum: "No, he likes you. I've known it ever since the wedding."

Me: "What wedding?"

Mum: "N & L's wedding. The one you went to with Mr. Almost Fiance. Daddy-O and I both saw it."

Me: "Saw what?"

Mum: "His face. When he saw you walk into the church with Mr. Almost Fiance. Once he realized the two of you were together his facial expression changed. Like he was upset or disappointed. I told you all this already."

Me: "Uhm, no you didn't."

Mum: "Yes I did."

Me: "Do you really think I'd forget something like that if you had told me?!"

Mum: "Guess not."

Thanks Mum (I guess if she had told me back then I wouldn't of cared. I was just starting my relationship with Mr. Almost Fiance and I only saw Mr. Incredible as a friend then).

Now I'm even more confused. We are both so good at hiding our true feelings. And men are so difficult to read!

And they say women are secretive and hard to figure out?

Bloody hell.