Monday, October 27, 2008

Post 64: Suicide

A woman from my town committed suicide.

She left behind a 3 year old daughter.

While I feel her actions were selfish in that she left a daughter without a mother, I also wonder, what made her to do it?

What event or events in her life left her feeling so lost and alone and helpless that she felt her only option, her only way to peace was by taking her own life.

I thought about suicide once. I never acted on it (obviously), but I've been there. I know what it's like to feel so alone, so helpless, so lonely that you would contemplate suicide.

My heart breaks when I hear about people committing suicide. I wonder what was going through their minds right before they ended their life. If I could've done something to help. If anyone could've helped.

What if someone had just talked to them, listened to them. Would they still be alive?

Now we will never know.

My heart goes out to her, her family (if they even care, i have no idea) and mostly, her daughter.