Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Post 7: Conversations with Babe

Yesterday was my friend Babe's birthday so after practice I decided to drive to her college and hang out with her for a little while...plus she's been going through some difficult things and I wanted to make sure she was okay (see Post 6: I wish). Babe is great at multi tasking. She was texting some dude, we'll call him Niles, while we were talking. This is a small snippet of the conversation we had while sitting outside her dorm.

Babe: [receives a text] "Ohhh. I'm so nervous!"
Me: "Ummm. Why?"
Babe: "Because he's probably gonna ask me out, just wait..." [texts Niles back]
Me: "So, it's not like you're gonna actually go out with this dude since you already have a boyfriend...are you?"
Babe: "No, I won't...but I'm still nervous. I always get nervous when guys ask me out." [texting again]
Me: [laughing] "Oh, H..."
Babe: "What do I tell him if he does ask me."
Me: "Oh I don't know...except maybe that you already have a boy and don't want/can't handle another one."
Babe: "I know but he's super cute...I wish you could meet him and see for yourself."
Me: [smiling/laughing a little]
Babe: ",What do I do Love...I'm nervous" [laughs]
Me: "Tell him you have a boy...nip it in the bud before it gets worse...duh."
Babe & Me: [laugh]
Me: "So anyway continue on with your previous story..."
Babe: "Oh, right as I was saying...[receives text and shouts] AHAHAHAHA"
Me: "What?"
Babe: [laughing] "He just asked me out, what do I do what do I do???? Tell me! What do I say?!" [stares at me with a look of nervousness and eagerness]
Me: [looks at her with the look of didn't we just have this discussion 1 minute ago]

Okay so for probably all of you that conversation doesn't seem very funny, but if you knew my friend Babe and the thoughts that go on in her head, the things that come out of her mouth...you'd find it a hell of a lot funnier! She acts kind of like a hybrid of Jessica Simpson from Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica and Anna Faris from the Scary Movie movies except unlike those two girls, she's actually really smart and for the most part has pretty good common sense...she's just kind of ditzy and unpredictable when it comes to what she says. Which is why I love her so much. She keeps me laughing. And guessing.

Sadly at 11:30pm it was time for us to say our goodbyes. So we hugged and said our goodbyes. Once she was in her dorm I sent her a text and we had a mini text convo:

Me: "I love you more than oxygen"
Babe: "Haha your silly :) love you too"
Me: "lol..."
Babe: "By the way that was the best birthday present ever"
Me: "lol...what the frosty?" (I bought her a Frosty for her birthday because I'm poor)
Babe: "Seeing You!"
Me: "awwww...really?"
Babe: "Yes :) for sure was the highlight of my day"
Me: "well that says a lot since your day was lame...haha...jk"
Babe: "true...in shower lol :) text after"
Me: "K...have fun"
45 minutes later
Me: "I made it home alive"
Babe: "good! I'm glad!"
Me: "me too"
H during a softball prank at Walmart...she'd kill me I put this pic on here...oh well